Do you want a satisfying career with a leading metal fabrication company that values it's employees?
You will work with Sr. Fabricators to perform duties involved in sheet metal fabrication in a safe, efficient, and professional manner that assures quality while meeting specified deadlines. You will support and work with other team members and help maintain, and build the Lean Culture at Metro Mechanical Supply.
- MIG welding, brazing, and cutting of various metals using gas and electric welding equipment.
- Understand details of work procedure, with tool and material requirements after receiving instructions, prints, and work orders for a job.
- Assists with fabrication of signage by cutting, burning, and welding various metals.
- Repairs signage by using various welding techniques and appropriate welding equipment.
- Cleans and prepares surfaces to be welded then sets up, assembles and tacks weld parts.
- Builds up worn or defective surfaces.
- Uses burning equipment to dismantle assemblies and to cut material to size and shape.
- Keeps equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- Occasionally cut up or dismantle obsolete signage to be set aside for scrapping purposes.
- Basic writing skills.
- Assist with moving or storing materials.
- Maintaining cross-team communication.
- Complying with all OSHA and MOSH regulations.
- Maintaining a clean, safe, organized, and disciplined work environment.
- Performing any work-related tasks assigned to you by someone in your reporting structure.
Fabricate, assemble, install, and repair sheet metal products and equipment, such as ducts, control boxes, drainpipes, and furnace casings. Work may involve any of the following: setting up and operating fabricating machines to cut, bend, and straighten sheet metal; shaping metal over anvils, blocks, or forms using hammer; operating soldering and welding equipment to join sheet metal parts; or inspecting, assembling, and smoothing seams and joints of burred surfaces. Includes sheet metal duct installers who install prefabricated sheet metal ducts used for heating, air conditioning, or other purposes.
- Determine project requirements, including scope,
- Assembly sequences, and required methods and materials, according to blueprints, drawings, and written or verbal instructions.
- Lay out, measure, and mark dimensions and reference lines on material, such as roofing panels, according to drawings or templates, using calculators, scribes, dividers, squares, and rulers.
- Fasten seams or joints together with welds, bolts, cement, rivets, solder, caulks, metal drive clips, or bonds to assemble components into products or to repair sheet metal items.
- Install assemblies, such as flashing, pipes, tubes, heating and air conditioning ducts, furnace casings, rain gutters, or downspouts in supportive frameworks.
- Convert blueprints into shop drawings to be followed in the construction or assembly of sheet metal products.
- Fabricate or alter parts at construction sites, using shears, hammers, punches, or drills.
- Select gauges or types of sheet metal or nonmetallic material, according to product specifications.
- Maneuver completed units into position for installation and anchor the units.
- Transport prefabricated parts to construction sites for assembly and installation.
- Drill and punch holes in metal, for screws, bolts, and rivets.
- Sheet metal mechanics must wear safety shoes, goggles, and other devices designed to prevent injuries and to protect them from falling objects.
- Work involves varying degrees of precision and control where damage could be considerable.
- Attention and care required to prevent injury to others and damage to surrounding equipment when performing maintenance/repair work.
- Work involves considerable stooping, bending, and working in overhead structures and on scaffolds.
To apply for any of the positions, please download and complete the job application with any of your attachments and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can donwload the job application here:
Click here to download the job application (Metro Job Application)-PDF 66KB